Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Blogga, Please.

01/22/2013
I spent two hours (5:30 PM-7:30 PM) at Krav Maga San Francisco yesterday evening. An hour was spent in a Conditioning class, which consisted of a series of exercises, drills, and circuits. I spent the following hour in a class in which I reviewed the basic fighting stance and footwork of Krav Maga, after which I was instructed on how to properly deliver a round kick and another kick directly targetting a potential opponent's bladder. I look forward to learning more techniques next week.
TOTAL: 2 HOURS
RUNNING TOTAL: 2 HOURS

01/29/2013
Over the course of the previous week, I have spent a total of 6 hours at KMSF, two of which was devoted to conditioning. I learned the some of the basic attacks of the Krav School, most of which emphasized the utilization of one's elbows as a short-range weapon. I learned seven different ways to take down an opponent with one's elbows alone. I'm simply astonished that elbows can be so versatile and deadly. I wonder what I can do with my fists then, given the prowess of my elbows... I guess I'll find out tomorrow.
TOTAL: 6 HOURS
RUNNING TOTAL: 8 HOURS

4/24/2013
My new laptop came in today, so this blog is back in business! Anyways, I just came home from a 2 hours at KMSF, all of which was devoted to instruction and practice on the side-kick. It's a simple concept that has many variants and as such, took a great deal of time to cover in detail. I'm probably going to have trouble walking tomorrow. I hope that I won't be this sore when I repeat this ordeal a week from now.
TOTAL: 2 HOURS
RUNNING TOTAL: 10 HOURS

4/27/2013
So this week went as follows:
Conditioning- 1 hour
Inside Defense- 2 hours
Conditioning was relatively straight-forward, consisting of running, practicing various combatives on a bag, pushups, situps, and various other exercises. The inside defense was a bit more complicated, with it essentially being a series of poses/stances designed to block a physical attack to various areas of the body. It was tough to get them all down, but I'll try to do so in the next two weeks.
TOTAL: 3 HOURS
RUNNING TOTAL: 13 HOURS

5/4/2013
So here's what I did for the week:
Monday- Conditioning: 1 hour
               Side-kicks, Groin-kicks: 1 hour
Wednesday- 360 Defense: 2 hours
Saturday- Conditioning: 1 hour
                Mule-Kick: 1 hour.
Conditioning consisted of running and various other exercises, per usual. I've really gotten the kicks down. In fact, I was barely fatigued while I was doing them! The 360 defense though, is a whole other animal. The poses have to be memorized and the correct one implemented in a split-second process when someone attacks. I'm aiming to get that down in the next week or so.
TOTAL: 6 HOURS
RUNNING TOTAL: 19 HOURS

5/12/2013
My weekly schedule was thus:

Monday- Conditioning: 1 hour
               Weight Training: 1 hour
Wednesday- Footwork: 2 hours
Saturday- Conditioning: 1 hour
                Combat Stance: 1 hour.
Undergoing weight training immediately after conditioning was tough. I don't think I'm fully recovered even now. Footwork and stances were pretty easy, as they compose the basics of Krav Maga. I guess I just need to lift more weights this week to get used to Monday's workout.
TOTAL: 6 HOURS
RUNNING TOTAL: 25 HOURS

No comments:

Post a Comment